The Ancient Greek have four words for love. Eros, Agape, Philia, and Storge. All with different, yet similar meanings. Agape, refers to a general affection or "true love" as you might have for a parent or sibling. Eros speaks to the passionate love. Passionate in the sense of longing, or aspiration. You want it, and you have to have it. (Not necessarily sexual.) Then there's Philia. Philia translates to friendship in modern Greek. Think Cory and Shaun from Boy Meets World. Finally, there's Storge, which refers to kind of love that a parent has for their child.
This is not a list of "Love songs" in the traditional sense, but of a more liberal perspective. Have a listen, and see what you think.
While I'm well past my college years, I still totally enjoyed that last song. I really like your blog. The intro was really interesting, and I'll be back.
While I'm well past my college years, I still totally enjoyed that last song. I really like your blog. The intro was really interesting, and I'll be back.
ReplyDeleteThanks,
Marty
Alum of UIC, a blogger in Chicago!
paris, tokyo. greaaat pick brent! i played this at marthas the other day and your face lit up haha
ReplyDelete- davis